Oh hi Autumn
You’re back surprisingly early?! Oh well, lets chuck on those chunky knits, tights and ‘ boots. And y’know, basically do ‘geek chic’ for the next 6 months.
Autumn is actually one of my favourite seasons. I mean, there’s only 4 so I guess that’s not a huge achievement lols but yeah, it falls straight after summer in second position for fave season of the year. Hurrah. Soz Autumn, there’s no trophy for second place.
I’ve been getting shopping withdrawals. I wake up in the middle of the night clasping for shopping bags that aren’t there, screaming out for suede skirts and Chelsea boots. The truth is, I’m skint. I’ve come to a realisation that houses are like, really expensive. Renovating a house is even more expensive. (Read about that here, here and here). So my shopping habit has taken a knock. And shopping is good for the soul, so basically my soul is a little sad.
So I was passing through Stratford this week and I spontaneously threw myself off the train and waltzed straight into Westfield Shopping Centre and found myself mooching through Forever 21s new collection for the coming season.
I intentionally boycotted Topshop and Zara and River Island because dollar dollar dollar. But I thought Forever 21 was a pretty safe bet, with it’s thrifty price tags. And I was right. Forever 21 had this awesome new collection for Autumn with all the cute trends of the moment for half the price.
The problem is, I tend to think if things are half the price I can buy twice as much. And I wonder why my bank account is crying?
Anywho, I picked up an outfit for a very exciting and highly important wedding this weekend (GAHHH) and I also picked myself up a new work outfit which screams ‘geek chic’, with it’s twee little pussy bow collar and enough cable knit to excite a whole host of old ladies.
HOW TO DO ‘GEEK CHIC’ FOREVER 21 STYLE:
- Go grab yourself some cute shirts with various collars. I’m talking pussy bow blouses, boxy collared tops and shirts with various prints. I’m majorly regretting not purchasing a shirt with cats all over it WAH. Check these ones out here, here and here.
- Tights. Your new best friend. Embrace them.
- Pick out some uber warm knits for layering. And don’t choose black. Go for colours that say ‘HELLO‘ like reds, oranges, greens. Forever 21 have got a whole range of cute knits here.
- Mix up your outfit with different footwear. Try chunky boots or tassled flats.
- Not as blind as a bat? No worries, pick up some reading glasses for the ultimate geek chic accessory.
Skirt – Forever 21
Bag – ASOS (old)
Boots – River Island (old)
I didn’t realise it at the time, but looking back on these photos I’m like DAM this knit is just like my old school uniform.
Except less itchy.
And it’s more Blair Waldorf now. Obvs.
By the way, this isn’t a sponsored post for Forever 21. I’m just their new biggest fan. Thanks for making a skint gal happy.